Cyber security lawyer: As one of the very few lawyers with a deep technical background in IT networking, cyber law and cyber security, Darren Kruse is uniquely positioned to assist client’s in bridging the divide between the cyber and legal worlds. While working out of Adelaide, South Australia – the use of technology allows him to consult for clients around the country.
Until 2005 and prior to becoming a lawyer in 2008, the firm’s principal Mr. Darren Kruse worked for almost fifteen years in Information Technology with a particular emphasis on:
- Network support,implementation, design and consultancy
- Network security implementation and design of firewalls, VPN’s and Authentication services
- Wireless security
Darren was Cisco qualified to CCNP and CCDP level. His international experience working in UK, South Africa and Malaysia allows his clients to leverage one of the very few IT lawyers in Adelaide, South Australia with a proven cyber security background. His full IT background is available on LinkedIn.com
Cyber Security Legal Services
We can advise clients in various areas including:
- Legal response to a data breach
- Advising on cyber regulatory exposure, both Commonwealth and State and common law
- Advising on cyber insurance contracts and claims
- Regulatory compliance including Commonwealth Privacy Act obligations
- B2B and B2C contract reviews for exposure to liability for cyber breach and cyber incidents
- Board level advice and IT Governance, including acting as a virtual Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
Darren works either with his client’s existing IT provider(s) or he can recommend reputable IT experts to deliver a comprehensive cyber security program for his clients including:
- Legal advice before or after a data breach
- Augmenting your cyber incident response team
- Reviewing Cyber risk assessments
- Reviewing Cyber security programs designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client’s Information Systems
- Reviewing Cyber security policies based upon the cyber risk assessment
- Advising on cloud migration
- Data loss response planning and implementation
He can also provide an independent, professional review of proposals and solutions put forward by client’s IT teams and external service providers, including review of the proposed contractual terms and conditions.
Please contact us to discuss your needs for a cyber security lawyer in Adelaide.